Children & Young Person Services
Residential Care and Support: We provide a place that ‘feels like home’ where dedicated care and support from staff provide a safe and caring environment that allows young people / rangatahi who are referred to the service to have a sense of belonging and able to realise their potential.
Transition Support: We support the transition of young people / rangatahi who have been in the care and custody of Oranga Tamariki and their aspirations for adulthood. Referrals for transition support can also be made by Oranga Tamariki for rangatahi with a disability who do not live with the service.
We offer care and consistent support in the development of every child and young person in our care. We do this by:
- Providing the opportunity for every child and young person to experience stability, a sense of belonging through positive relationships, and are able to explore and be confident with their own identity.
- Working collaboratively with others involved directly in care provisions and supports for the children and young people e.g. Oranga Tamariki, social workers, whanau, explore, schools, and youth specialty services.
- Ensuring every child and young person has educational opportunities that enable them to meet their full potential.
- Allowing individuals to develop the skills and independence to take them positively into adulthood.
- Taking an active approach to learning and living where children and young people are supported and encouraged to participate in a range of social and leisure activities.
- Support the development of daily living skills.
- Understanding and addressing individual needs in terms of age, gender, race, sexuality, and disability as well as meeting specific cultural and religious needs.